Five things I’m excited about this Friday:
1. Trip to the Chicago History Museum: As part of the Board for the Chicago Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics (CAND), we’re heading to the Museum to check out the collection that we have stored there. CAND is celebrating its 100th birthday in a few years, so there should be some good stuff in there!
2. Girls’ Night: We’re meeting up at my aunt-in-law’s house tomorrow night for some yummy food and drinks, and watching the Olympics! I haven’t seen everyone in a few months, so it will be fun to catch up. (Also, I can’t believe the Olympics will be over this weekend!)
3. National Margarita Day: Yep, there’s actually a national day to celebrate this delicious cocktail! It’s this Saturday, and I’m kind of surprised that it’s not on Cinco de Mayo, but I’m not going to question it :). Check out the blog tomorrow for recipes!
4. Volunteering at the Special Olympics Fashion Show & Raffle Fundraiser: My mother-in-law works for the local special recreation association, and this is their big fundraiser of the year. It’s my 3rd year helping to sell raffle tickets for the awesome gift baskets that have been donated. Half the fun of volunteering is that I can easily buy raffle tickets…one year I won a Mary Kay gift basket that was worth $75! For the fashion show, athletes get fitted to wear designer clothing donated by Bloomingdales and strut their stuff down the runway. It’s so fun to watch!
5. Sleeping! After some early mornings and late nights this work week, I am so ready for sleep this weekend! My body clock probably won’t let me actually sleep in past 7am, but not setting an alarm will be amazing!
Five Fun Articles I’ve Been Reading…
New Obesity Weapon: Kids Teaching Kids
Majority of Americans Have Their Heart Health Facts Wrong
Obesity in Childhood Linked to Poor Parenting?
5 Things Not to Say to Your Partner About Losing Weight
For Those with Orthorexia, Diet Can never be “Pure” Enough
What are you excited about this weekend?
Past Five Things Friday Posts:
Five Things Friday #4: Happy Valentine’s Day
Five Things Friday #3: Olympics
Five Things Friday #2: Water Parks & Super Bowl
Five Things Friday #1: National Peanut Butter Day