It’s Thursdayyyy! That means time for another link-up of my random thoughts with Thinking out Loud!
1. I’ve never been super into decorating our apartment and my “For the Home” board on Pinterest has been pretty neglected. That is, until our offer on a house was accepted! Now I can’t stop thinking about paint colors, cute wall hangings, light fixtures, and types of dining room tables (so excited that there’s actually space for one!) We’ll also have to purchase a stackable washer and dryer, as well as a new refrigerator!
2. Last night I finished up season 1 of Revenge. Some of the acting is a little over the top, but I love the premise of the show so I think I’m going to stick with it for season 2! What’s your favorite show on Netflix?
3. A couple of days ago, I started reading “The Fault in Our Stars” on my Kindle. It’s really good….but now my Kindle is dead and I have no idea where my charger is. #technologyproblems
4. I think winter is just playing jokes on us now. Monday it got up to 50 degrees. Yesterday it snowed 4 inches and it took 20 minutes to get my car cleared off. I left an hour early to make it to work on time, then the traffic and roads were too bad and I ended up sitting around at my desk for 45 minutes before we opened for clients. Real funny, winter! (not)
5. I am so excited about this new house thing, but soooooo not ready for the packing and actual moving of things. Also, it’s hard to believe that we’ve only lived in this apartment or 2 years when I see all of the STUFF that we’ve accumulated! Luckily, we have 5-6 weeks between closing on the house and when our apartment lease is up, so we can take our time packing and cleaning.
6. I’m sad that the Get Lucky Half Marathon is this weekend, and it didn’t work out financially for me to run it. On the plus side, I just signed up for the Shamrock Shuffle 8k on March 30th and the Chicago Cubs’ Race to Wrigley 5k on April 12th. Let me know if you’re running either one and maybe we can meet up!
7. I tried Nuun tablets again recently. The first time was during the Ragnar Relay last summer, and I thought it tasted too chalky. This time around, the cherry limeade flavor was still a little chalky but actually still pretty good. I think I’ll be drinking this a little more regularly after running! Also, it’s fun to watch the tablet dissolve once it’s dropped in the water! #easilyamused
Final thought: does anyone else think that this missing plane from Malaysia sounds suspiciously like the show LOST? #isitjustme?