I was nominated for a Liebster Award! Woot woot! Thanks to Abs and Lemons for nominating me!
If you haven’t heard of this award, it’s an award for bloggers given by bloggers. When you nominate someone for the award, you ask them a set of questions. When you are nominated for the award, you answer the set of questions, nominate 11 other bloggers, and give those bloggers a set of questions to answer. And so on and so on.
Here are the questions that Abs and Lemons asked of me:
1. What was the inspiration for your blog name? JanaBananaRD has been my social media handle forever, and I started the blog to document my healthy adventures (and sometimes the not-so-healthy ones too).
2. What is your favorite way to stay fit? I love to run, and also like to try out new fitness classes. Boot camp and tabata style are my favorite!
3. What advice would you give to a fellow blogger? Be consistent in blogging. Use social media to promote your blog and interact with potential readers.
4. Why did you start blogging? Initially, I started this blog to share nutrition information for National Nutrition Month 2013. Since then, I’ve shared more of my personal “healthy adventures” and my interests in nutrition, fitness, and beyond.
5. What is your favorite healthy snack? I love apples with peanut butter! Second favorite snack would be anything (chopped veggies, pita chips, etc) with hummus.
6. What keeps you motivated? Following other healthy living blogs, food blogs, and fitness blogs. They give me ideas and motivation to continue blogging, as well as to keep up healthy habits.
7. What is your favorite song? Currently, I love the Jason DeRulo song “Talk Dirty”. You can find me running to this song and/or singing my heart out on my daily commute 🙂
8. If you could be an animal, which one would you be? A dog or dolphin, they are both super friendly and like to be active.
9. If you could have a super power, what would it be? Superhuman speed! I could use all of the help I can get!
10. What’s your favorite thing about blogging? This is a toughie, because I have alot of favorite things! I love writing, I like sharing my thoughts, it’s fun to talk about my goals and the healthy things that I’ve done, as well as when I do not-so-healthy things and try to figure out how to do those things less often.
11. Are you going to the pass on the torch and nominate 11 other bloggers? Of course!
1. Thank the blogger who has nominated you
2. Answer the questions given to you
3. Nominate 11 other blogs with less than 500 followers
4. Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
5. Tag your nominees & post a comment on their blog to let them know that you have nominated them.
Check back on Monday for the 11 bloggers that I will nominate!