I’m Thinking Out Loud again this Thursday! These are my confessions…
Confession…I am so happy that kids have spring break around here. For me, it means super fast commute times–I got to work 10 minutes earlier that normal yesterday! #itsthelittlethings
Confession…I ugly cried last night. I had been putting off finishing “The Fault in Our Stars,” because I knew this was going to happen and I wanted to be sure it happened at home and not on my lunch break. And I’m so glad I did, because I got to fully react to the ending and grieve for the characters. If you haven’t read it yet, I highly recommended it, but definitely have tissues (plural) ready!
Confession…I was supposed to run 10 miles yesterday, but I only made it to 8.3 miles. Here are my excuses:
- I had to take a bathroom break and it was hard to start up again
- I was running on a treadmill
- The treadmill had to reset at 60 minutes so I had to restart a 2nd time
- After the bathroom break I ended up in the front row of treadmills which meant I had to crane my neck to see the TV
- The show The Middle was on the TV above me which isn’t my favorite
- I was worried that the bathroom break was due to over-Shot Blok-ing so I didn’t take them again but probably needed to
- My chest tightened up so that I couldn’t breathe well
I pushed myself for 2 miles after my last break, but ultimately the breathing issue made me end the run early. I think on my next long run, I will try to get the one treadmill at the gym that can go past 60 minutes and ration my Shot Bloks more slowly. Or run outside. #longrunproblems
Confession…My March Madness bracket didn’t do so well last weekend. Out of 48 games played so far, I guessed the winners correctly in 31 of them. I’m definitely not winning the billion dollar prize this year, but at least all my Final Four picks are still in it (for now)!
Confession…The Veronica Mars movie was SO great! I used to watch the TV show all the time in college with my roommates, so I met up with one of them on Sunday to see the movie and we just thought it was amazing.
(Side note/spoiler alert: the only things I would have changed are that Veronica and Piz would not break up and that she could use her private investigator skills in her law career. I feel like she was settling for staying in Neptune and a career in private investigation).
Anyways, it’s one of those movies that probably isn’t that great to someone who has never seen the show before, but for us it definitely brought back some great memories 🙂
Your turn–what are your random thoughts of the week?
Check out my other Thinking Out Loud posts: