Today I’m linking up my random thoughts with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud. Let the randomness begin!
1. My husband and I have been watching House of Cards…is anyone else as hooked as we are?!?! Every episode is so twisted and good! We just finished the 2nd season last night, and I don’t think I can handle waiting for the 3rd season! (shoot! I just checked, and the new season won’t be out til next February!)
2. I was awarded $2.19 from Amazon’s e-book settlement! I don’t really know what happened with the lawsuit, but I’m not going to ask questions haha 🙂 With my winnings, I bought The Maze Runner by James Dasher…I’m 18% into the book (according to my Kindle) and so far it reminds me of Lord of the Flies. Has anyone else read this series before?
3. I am so so so so so happy that all of the snow has pretty much melted away! This was the coldest and 2nd snowiest winter on record in Chicago, and I am ecstatic that it is over!
4. I nearly survived the winter with only one cold, but this week a tickle developed in my throat and I have been soooo tired. I’m hoping to conquer it with lots of sleep and lots of fluids.
5. Due to this cold, I am not able to run since I can’t breath very well, but I still managed to get a quality workout in yesterday by walking on the treadmill and varying the speed and incline. In the past, being sick would have completely derailed my training plan and it would take a while to get back into it, so I’m happy that I made myself do something yesterday!
6. House update: we are in the home inspection/appraisal phase of buying our first house. We were initially planning to close April 25th, but it’s sounding like everything is going so smoothly that we will likely close before that!
7. The past two weeks I have been grocery shopping at Aldi (after seeing Caitlin and Meghann’s adventures there), and I am so impressed with their prices and healthier options (lean ground beef, greek yogurt, quality produce)! I was able to do the majority of my grocery shopping there, and then stopped by Meijer to pick up the last few items on my list. I think I’ll save about $10-15 per week with this routine, and both stores are on my commute home from work, so it’s not a big deal for me to shop at both. Do you grocery shop at one or multiple stores?
8. I am super jealous of everyone that is attending Blend this year! I have five weddings and bachelorette parties this summer, so those are taking up my travel budget this year, but next year I want to be there! Fingers crossed it will be in the midwest next year!
9. I really enjoy reading other blogs, and I don’t want to miss out on anything, but I don’t always have time to keep up with all of them…so my Bloglovin’ feed currently has 133 unread posts dating back to as early as March 28. I’m hoping to make a dent in that this weekend! Also if I comment on your blog a week late, this explains why! (If you have suggestions of blogs to read, I’m always open to checking out new ones…it just may take me forever to read them!)
10. I no longer have a team in the tournament…Michigan lost last Sunday to Kentucky 😦 It’s sad, but they have so many freshman and sophomores returning next year, so I know it’ll be another great year!
11. My other school, Marquette, didn’t make it to the tourney this year, and our head coach left to coach at Virginia Tech. It was kind of expected because this last season was less than stellar and the coach was not happy. We just found out that our new coach will be one of Duke’s assistant coaches (Coach Wojo), and I’m pretty excited to see what he does with the program!
Your turn…what’s your random thought of the day?