Check out yesterday’s post for my review of the Advocare 10 Day Cleanse.
Today I am sharing the lessons learned during the 10 day Cleanse:
- I don’t need 2+ cups of coffee to start the day. The Spark energy drink has the same amount of caffeine as 1/3 cup of coffee, and while drinking 1 each morning, I didn’t have any headaches! Not sure what I will do once my supply of Spark is gone, though.
- I don’t get tired as easily as before. Most likely due to drinking lots more water than normal, and being less addicted to caffeine.
- Eating healthy can take more time and planning, but it’s worth it. I meal planned, made a grocery list, and prepared a few meals. It feels awesome to be eating cleaner 🙂
- Drinking the recommended 64 ounces of water is not too hard. Maybe it’s due to the hot weather lately, but I have been chugging down 9-10 glasses daily.
- I don’t need an evening snack…I was most likely just snacking out of boredom. Or I was dehydrated and mistaking thirst for hunger.
- Meals don’t have to be centered around grains. Pasta and bread are my “go-to” foods when I think about preparing a meal, and this challenge helped me to broaden my horizons.
- I also have gotten out of a food rut–instead of eating the same things each week, I’ve been making a variety of meals. I made an eggs and broccoli scramble, roasted vegetables for the first time, prepared a giant pot of “taco” lentils, tried almond milk, and made baked oatmeal.
I took my measurements before and after the challenge. Sites included: around shoulders, bust, biceps, waist, hips, thighs, and calves. I don’t have a scale at home, so I didn’t track my weight.
- Before the challenge: 195.2 inches
- After the challenge: 189.6 inches
- Total Loss: 5.6 inches!
Better than any measurements, though, I feel really good. And I had been wearing size 10 jeans, and some of my size 8 jeans fit now. Super exciting…just the motivation I needed to start healthier habits for the summer!